One of the primary goals of creating a content marketing campaign for your business is to drive more people to your website. Utilizing the different social media platforms to reach your target audience can help to boost website traffic. Social media, when used correctly, it can become an excellent source of traffic that will help you establish an audience and build a successful brand. You can use the following techniques to make your social media marketing campaign more effective in driving traffic to your website.
Use Hashtags Effectively
Correctly using hashtags in your social media posts can create more exposure for your social media posts. They are easy to use and can make your posts more shareable and discoverable, as long as you use them correctly. They allow users who are following a particular hashtag to view your message even if they don’t follow you.
Recommended: How Social Media Promotions Can Make You More Money
Utilize Social Media Advertising
As the number of social media users and pages increase, the harder it is for you to deliver your content to your target audience. Utilizing social media advertising is a great way to get your message in front of your audience while being cost effective. Social media advertising allows you to gain organic visibility for your posts and reach the right audience.
Post on a Regular Basis
While you want to avoid spamming your audience with a ton of daily postings, you do want to create regular updates to gain more exposure and increase traffic to your website. According to recent statistics, you should aim for the following number of posts per day for each social media network:
- Pinterest: 5 posts
- Twitter: 3 posts
- Facebook: 2 posts
- Google+: 3 posts
- Instagram: 2 posts
Use Images in Your Posts
Adding images, videos, and other visual images like illustrations and infographics, to your content, make it more shareable. A captivating image is a key to developing a high-performing social media post. In fact, visual content is more than 40 times more likely to get shared on social media compared to other types of content.
Make Your Content Easy to Share
Making it simple for your readers to share content from your website is a must for boosting traffic to your website. Adding properly configured social media buttons on your website allow, visitors to quickly share content with their friends and social media followers.
Utilizing social media for your content marketing campaigns can bring a lot of traffic to your website. Just like any other marketing technique, it will take a lot of effort, time, and hard work for it to be successful.
Content Marketing Tips to Increase Customer Engagement
For many businesses, content marketing campaigns have become a huge part of consumer engagement and gaining the attention of the right audience online. However, it’s getting harder for companies to stand out among the sea of video, audio, images, blogs, documents, and more. Making matters worse is the fact that almost every business and marketing professional is finding themselves stuck in a rut trying to create enough high-quality content to get the desired engagement from their customers. Here are ten content marketing tips every business needs to know to be successful in engaging their customers.
Recommended: How Online Business Can Transform Your Life
- You should use your content to lead your customers through the buying process slowly. Avoid rushing them full-throttle through the conversion.
- Use social ads to help increase the reach of your content marketing campaign. Pushing it through your social channels can give you a boost. A $10 to $20 boost on Facebook can go a long way.
- Build your content around a takeaway for your audience. If your audience has to work to see the value in your content, it won’t work. The best marketing shouldn’t feel like marketing.
- Take every opportunity to guest blog on popular industry sites. Make sure you put a link back to your site. Guest blogging will help you build traffic and your brand authority.
- Create a solid content marketing strategy. The most successful content marketers will have a documented plan in place before they begin creating content.
- Create a solid plan for promoting your content. Utilize a checklist for each post that lists all of the social media channels and applications you want to utilize to promote your content.
- Pay close attention to your analytics. Your analytics allow you to keep track of your most popular topics and those that are bringing traffic to your site. Create more of what works and get rid of the dead weight in your marketing strategy.
- Talk and write as if you’re speaking to a friend. Your audience will be far more likely to engage with content that is conversational.
- Share your content and include the social media sharing buttons next to your posts.
- Include evergreen content in your marketing strategy. It will continue to increase your traffic, long after the trending topics have disappeared.
Content marketing is a must for any business that wants to be successful. Remembering these tips when you are developing your content for your marketing campaign will help you to see a higher engagement from your customers.