You see the painful thing about being a victim; is not that you were a victim, but that you had the opportunity to protect yourself against being a victim but you never did anything about it. I will advise you to take your time to read through this post carefully; so that you won’t fall a victim. This is important in other avoid STORIES that touch. Meanwhile, it is pertinent to know that 99.999% of account hacked was accounted to the fault of the account’s owner. So, here comes the ultimate question; what are you doing to secure your Bitcoin wallet?
Meanwhile, before we start our discussion on how to protect your Bitcoin wallet against being hacked. I think it is important we discuss why people are interested in hacking your Bitcoin wallet. It is disheartening to know that some people don’t even know that Bitcoin wallet can be hacked.
Why Are Hacker Interested In Hacking Your Bitcoin Wallet
- Competitions: There are some haters who just don’t want Bitcoin to works because of they chose another type of coins.
- Bitcoin transaction is no irreversible: Once the transaction is made; it is GONE FOREVER except of the Hacker decided to refund the Bitcoins.
- Bitcoin allows anonymous transaction: Yes, you may see where your Bitcoin goes but you can’t identify the culprit!
How To Protect Your Bitcoin Wallet Against Hackers
- Never use the same password with your Bitcoin Wallet on any other website
- Enable 2FA on your account
- Do you have keylogger on your system – Akeylogger is a type of surveillance software (considered to be either software or spyware) that has the capability to record every keystroke you make to a log file, usually encrypted. A keylogger recorder can record instant messages, e-mail, and any information you type at any time using your keyboard.
- Use a stronger an long password include symbols, numbers and characters (Upper and lower case)
- Use TOR
- Use antivirus even if it’s free
- Avoid clicking on shortened links
- Stay away from too good to be true offers e.g HYIP, PONZI
If you think I have left out something important in securing or protecting your Bitcoin wallet please let me know by leaving your questions or requests as comments bellow.
I hope this helps someone today.