Today, I will be teaching you common liquid soap chemicals and their functions. So, if this is something that interest you, make sure you read to the end of this post. As there are so many things that differentiate the boys from the men when it comes household products productions. Some of which are listed bellow:
- Chemical Source
Oh! Are you wondering why I do not include pricing? Yes! if your products are well packaged and of good quality; people are ready to pay any amount for it. That is simply the truth; take it or leave it!
Let me be honest with you; the knowledge of these liquid soap chemicals and their functions will greatly help your production business, and increase your profit level.
You see, in Nigeria of today; one of the most common product is the liquid soap. Unfortunately, it is also the most abused! So many people claim to be an expert in producing liquid soap, but their products have no place in the market world!
Today, I am going to be telling about 8 awesome liquid soap chemicals and their functions in producing top notch liquid soap and their uses. However, it is important to know that some chemicals have more function than the other.
Quickly, before I tell you about the liquid soap chemicals and their functions. It is pertinent to know, that these chemicals are common among these types of liquid soaps: Dishwashing liquid soap (Like Morning FRESH), Car wash liquid soap, Laundry liquid soap, General purpose liquid soap, and Bathing liquid soap. Note: There combination differs!!!
RECOMMENDED: How To Make Non Toxic Insect Killer Spray
Liquid Soap Chemicals And Their Functions
- Caustic Soda – Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH) [is a cleaning and thickening agent]: It is a white, strong alkaline, corrosive solid or powder. Sodium Hydroxide is more commonly known as lye or caustic soda. It is used to change fats into soap in a process called saponification. Another chemical that can be used in place of this is Potassium Hydroxide (KOH), but it’s expensive than NaOH.
- Sodium Tripolyphosphate(STPP) [is a cleaning and thickening agent]: It is also known as pentasodium triphosphate, pentasodium tripolyphosphate or sodium triphosphate, is used in a wide range of applications in the manufacture of cleaning products. STPP is a sodium salt of the triphosphoric acid that has the appearance of white crystal powder. It is odorless and is water soluble.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Powder (SLS) [is a foaming agent] – It is a highly active anionic surfactant finding applications in dentifrices, hand cleaners, bubble baths, liquid hand soaps and shampoo formulations.
- Natorosol [Cleaning and Thickness Agent]: It is a binding and cleaning agent; it also serves as a thickener.
- Texapon [is a foaming booster agent]
- Soda Ash [Cleaning Agent]: It enhances the washing performance of the soap; it’s also the main thickening agent
- Sulphonic Acid [is a foaming and cleaning agent]: It is an organic acid, which neutralizes the basic effect of Caustic Soda – Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH).
- Glycerin [is a moisturizer]: usually helps your skin to stay soft and supple; it’s also a natural addition to the soap making process.
- Laurel Rice: A Foaming Agent.
- Industrial salt [it reduces soap elasticity]: it helps to reduce the strength of chemicals in this production.
- vitamin E [it’s a skin protector]: it shields the skin from damage through its protective properties, and also, it boosts the immune system.
- Perfume: It gives a nice smell
- Color: It gives color
That is not all: I also like to tell you about some chemicals that you can use together or in place of another. This is important because some chemicals are not available in some region for some reasons; so, when one chemical is not available, you can use the other in place.
Liquid Soap Chemicals Used In-Place Of Another (As A substitute)
- Natrosol/Antisol/Pacr or Entisol/CMC
- Laurel Rice/Sulphonic Acid
- Formalin/ Citric acid /Vitamin C/ Sodium Benzoate/ Benzoic Acid However, a little application of formalin to your soap formulation should not make your soap
Making liquid soap is one thing, while making a quality liquid soap is another thing.