There have been so many reasons why you need to start making your own products; if you are not making it for profit at least you should be making it for personal use. If you are a woman and you are yet to learn at least how to make domestic use products; I am sorry for you! Seriously, it is high time we start producing for our home.
There are so many products here on EarnBase that you can learn at no extra cost; that are capable of helping your home at least. One of such product is Shampoo.
What Is Shampoo?
In a general term, shampoos are simply detergents. They are different type of cleansing media than laundry detergent because of their application to different types of hair. However, you will learn later that your dish detergent and your shampoo have more in common than you think.
Shampoo is a viscous (having a thick, sticky consistency between solid and liquid) liquid that is used for the washing of hair and scalp. Shampoo is one of the products that ladies cared so much about because it is about the proper care of their hair. The production of shampoo must be in strict adherence to the formula and procedure giving below to ensure a very good product.
Remember to make use of very good fragrance and colorant for your shampoo, as these are the major determinate of whether your product will be in high demand or not.
Use Of Shampoo
Shampoos are used to remove excess oil, dirt and skin debris from the hair known as sebum. A good shampoo will perform this function while leaving the hair manageable. These products should possess rich foaming action and rinse out easily.
Various forms of hair care shampoos are available from clear liquid to opaque pastes.
Summarily, the purpose of shampoo is for cleaning the hair.
Places Shampoos Are Used
- In the saloons (Female & Male hair saloons)
- At homes
The process involved in the production of hair shampoo is a very simple one and the materials (chemicals) needed are readily available just like liquid soap (detergent). No special machines or equipment needed for a start, whether for home use or commercial purpose.
The producer can only decide to get any useful machine for production if he or she feels there is a need for it, probably when the scale of production increases.
The primary ingredients (chemicals) of a hair care shampoo is the detergent, either from an organic soap or a synthetic.
Chemical/Materials Used For Making Shampoo With Measurements/Quantity
The ingredients (Chemicals) and the procedures for hair shampoo are very much similar to that of liquid detergent.
The ingredients are:
- Nitrosol/Antisol or C.M.C
- Sulphonic Acid
- Caustic Soda
- Soda Ash
- Laurel Rice
- Texapon and S.T.P.P
- Fragrance (Perfume)
- Aloevera Gel
- Vitamin E
- Pacol or Antisol 1 kg
You notice all the ingredients for liquid detergent are mentioned here.
Chemicals Needed For Making Liquid Soap And Their Measurements
- STPP – Cleanliness and Thickness Agent (Measurement 1/4 )
- Caustic Soda – Cleaning Agent (Measurement 1/16 ) [Though nobody will sell that quantity to you. This is because the smallest quantity you can buy is 1/4. So, divide that 1/4 into four portions and use one portion and keep the remaining three portion. PLEASE NOTE: Too much of this chemical peels your hand]
- Natrosol – Cleaning and Thickness Agent (Measurement 1/4 )
- Soda ash – Cleaning Agent (Measurement 1/4 )
- Sulphonic Acid – Foaming Agent (Measurement 2 liters)
- Laurel Rice – Foaming Agent (Measurement 1/4 ) [You can do without this chemical. Just add 1/2 liter to your Sulphonic acid quantity]
- Texapon – Foaming Agent (Measurement 1/4 )
- Formalin – Preservative Agent (Measurement 1/4 ) [You don’t have to use all this chemical; 2 cap of Eva table water will do. Formalin is a harmful chemical; it ccauseses cancer if abused. So use with care – very small quantity will not harm though.] Or [better still you can use Citric Acid, Benzoic Acid and Sodium Benzonate.]
- Coloring (Measurement
- Perfume (Measurement
Steps In Making Liquid Soap In 60 Minutes
- Soak small quantity of caustic soda is a bowl (bowl 1) with some water.
- Soak the Soda ash in a deferent bowl (bowl 2) as well.
- Soak the STPP in another bowl (bowl 3) too.
- Soak the Laurel Rice/Rice in another bowl (bowl 4); making a total of four bowls.
- Get a bucket (bucket 1) and pour Sulphonic acid and the Texapon into it. You can stir the mixture so that the Sulphonic acid will dissolve the Texapon.
Take a break of 30 minutes for all the chemicals to dissolve. You can also stir any one of them to aid its.
- Now get a big bucket that can contain 30 liters of water, and fill it halfway with clean water.
- Then gradually pour the Natrozol into the big 30 liters bucket and stir gently as if you are making AMALA.
- After that pour the small bowls on after the order respectively into the Big bucket containing Natrozol. That is bowl 1 before bowl 2 then bowl 3 before bowl 4.
- Remember the bucket 1? Now pour the content of bucket 1 in the Big bucket containing all other mixture and stir. You are going to stir continuously for like 10 – 15 minutes.
- After that, add little quantity of Formalin for preservative. Remember too much of this chemical is dangerous. Besides you can do without it.
- Add some color and stir for some minutes… like another 5 minutes
- Add some perfume and stir for another 5 minutes
- Add Aloevera Gel – 5 Tea Spoon
- Add Vitamin E – 5 Tea Spoon
- Add Glycerine – 2 Tea Spoon
After you have added Aloevera Gel, Vitamin E and glycerin, then stir properly, and leave the solution for some hours and thereafter, you can package the product for your use or for sell. Your production might not look clean immediately; you might see some small small bubbles in it but this disappears after some hours like 24 hours.
Please, drop your comments below let me know if this method is clear or better still if you have any questions.
48 thoughts on “How To Produce SHAMPOO That Sells And Start Making Money”
Well done, ma’am!
I’m really thankful!
I went through this article and I came out with super splendid foamy shampoo, however unable to get the exact petals shampoo scent. Its smelt somehow.
What could be the problem, ma.
I don’t understand your questions.
Pls what is the measurement for 100 ltrs of shampoo
Thank you for all the efforts you have made to put all these together. They are educative and worth giving a trial. My concern is in the ingredients for making liquid soap. What is the essence of adding the 3 last items – Aloe vera, Vit E, and Glycerin? Does it mean one can use the sop to shower?
If you add the last 3 ingredients; then, you can use the soap to shower.
Great job, pls can I get a chemical store in ogbomoso?
Unfortunately, we are only in Lagos
Evening please with the measurements of the chemicals here, how many liters do get in result 15 or 30 liters?.. Thanks
is,the,same procedure above use in making shampo if yes how i differentiate the two
pls a how will I mix the shampoo I mean the procedure
I will advise you to join our practical training session.
How do I join ..
Nice and educative. pls can you supply chemical shop contacts?
Can I produce thick liquid soap without STPP?
And you do want to produce liquid soap without STPP?
please is it in the chemical shop that i can get this laurel rice<vitamin e<aloevera gel pacol
hello im new to producs and im interested in making my own sampoo wilth ess. oils in it can I add that to it?
@Ladonna, I don’t understand your question please.
can one follow the process of liquid soap to make Shampoo? what is the measurement of Aloe vera and Citric Acid if i want to make shampoo
Yes, please read the post again if it’s not clear. However, Aloe vera and Citric Acid should be used as desired.
How do i access a downloadable version of the steps for shampoo
@Jay, this is no longer downloadable; just get a pen and paper to write, as you are going to understand better that way. We understood some people just copy and don’t take their time to read the available information. Hence, we disabled it. I hope you understand.
Your heading reads how to make shampoo but you gave the procedure for making liquid soap. Are they the same.
Please, kindly read again
Thanks so much for this. I will definitely give it a try. However, I do suggest a video or at least pictures to showcase the ingredients and steps.
Do I need to wear gloves or any protective garment to make this?
There is no crime in wearing gloves for production.
What is the quantity of water needed to soak those chemicals u mentioned.
hello. what is 1/4 measurement, etc? thanks☺
Is the step above how to make liquid soap or shampoo? Is confusion, your heading is how to make liquid soap instead of how to make shampoo.
@Grace, am afraid I don’t get your point.
please is it the same procedure
Don’t get your question please
How many lit. will it give us at the end?
how many lit of water are needed to soak the xmicals in bouls?
what is the source of vitamin E you mention?
do I buy any colorant or a specific one for shampoo?
@MPho, I don’t understand what you mean by the source of vitamin E. As for the color; you decide on the color based on your choice. You can use green, lemon, red or even black; the choice is your.
Thanks for visiting earnbase
What’s the qties of citric acid/ benzoic acid/ sodium benzoate required for preservation. What’s texapon. Welldone
Well done, please what are the exact measurements for the chemical you put 1/4 ,is it 1/4 bag or paint?
In the procedure u gave u did nt mention wia it is required to add glycerine, alovera gell and vitamin e
Please, can you rephrase your question? Am sorry, I don’t get you!
Need procedure for liquid soap
@Lilian, thank you for visiting EarnBase. Please check this link https://www.earnbase.com/how-to-make-quality-liquid-soap-in-60-minutes
Does that look like what you are looking for? if not, kindly get back to us via comment.
Thanks for checking by
Are the chemicals and procedures above for making shampoo or liquid soap?
@Francis, the chemicals are for making Shampoo sir
I asked that question simply because you mentioned liquid soap yet the heading was shampoo.
No, problem sir! It’s just that there chemicals are releted sir!
What is the quantity of water needed to soak the chemicals eg Soda ash, custic soda in making of liquid soap??
Any quantity that covers the chemical completely.