There have been so many reasons why you need to start making your own products; if you are not making it for profit at least you should be making it for personal use. If you are a woman and you are yet to learn at least how to make domestic use products; I am sorry for you! Seriously, it is high time we start producing for our home.
There are so many products here on EarnBase that you can learn at no extra cost; that are capable of helping your home at least. One such product is Shampoo.
What Is Shampoo?
In a general term, shampoos are simply detergents. They are different type of cleansing media than laundry detergent because of their application to different types of hair. However, you will learn later that your dish detergent and your shampoo have more in common than you think.
Shampoo is a viscous (having a thick, sticky consistency between solid and liquid) liquid that is used for the washing of hair and scalp. Shampoo is one of the products that ladies cared so much about because it is about the proper care of their hair. The production of shampoo must be in strict adherence to the formula and procedure giving below to ensure a very good product.
Remember to make use of very good fragrance and colorant for your shampoo, as these are the major determinate of whether your product will be in high demand or not.
Use Of Shampoo
Shampoos are used to remove excess oil, dirt and skin debris from the hair known as sebum. A good shampoo will perform this function while leaving the hair manageable. These products should posses rich foaming action and rinse out easily.
Various forms of hair care shampoos are available from clear liquid to opaque pastes.
Summarily, the purpose of shampoo is for cleaning the hair.
Places Shampoos Are Used
- In the saloons (Female & Male hair saloons)
- At homes
The process involved in the production of hair shampoo is a very simple one and the materials (chemicals) needed are readily available just like liquid soap (detergent). No special machines or equipment needed for a start, whether for home use or commercial purpose.
The producer can only decide to get any useful machine for production if he or she feels there is a need for it, probably when the scale of production increases.
The primary ingredients (chemicals) of a hair care shampoo is the detergent, either from an organic soap or a synthetic.
Chemical/Materials Used For Making Shampoo With Measurements/Quantity
The ingredients (Chemicals) and the procedures for hair shampoo are very much similar to that of liquid detergent.
The ingredients are:
- Nitrosol/Antisol or C.M.C
- Sulphonic Acid
- Caustic Soda
- Soda Ash
- Laurel Rice
- Texapon and S.T.P.P
- Fragrance (Perfume)
- Aloevera Gel
- Vitamin E
- Pacol or Antisol 1 kg
You notice all the ingredients for liquid detergent are mentioned here.
Chemicals Needed For Making Liquid Soap And Their Measurements
- STPP – Clearnniness and Thickness Agent (Measurement 1/4 )
- Caustic Soda – Cleaning Agent (Measurement 1/16 ) [Though nobody will sell that quantity to you. This is because the smallest quantity you can buy is 1/4. So, divide that 1/4 into four portions and use one portion and keep the remaining three portion. PLEASE NOTE: Too much of this chemical peels your hand]
- Natrosol – Cleaning and Thickness Agent (Measurement 1/4 )
- Soda ash – Cleaning Agent (Measurement 1/4 )
- Sulphonic Acid – Foaming Agent (Measurement 2 liters)
- Laurel Rice – Foaming Agent (Measurement 1/4 ) [You can do without this chemical. Just add 1/2 liter to your Sulphonic acid quantity]
- Texapon – Foaming Agent (Measurement 1/4 )
- Formalin – Preservative Agent (Measurement 1/4 ) [You don’t have to use all this chemical; 2 cap of Eva table water will do. Formalin is a harmful chemical; I causes cancer if abused. So use with care – very small quantity will not harm though.] Or [better still you can use Citric Acid, Benzoic Acid and Sodium Benzonate.]
- Coloring (Measurement
- Perfume (Measurement
Steps In Making Liquid Soap In 60 Minutes
- Soak small quantity of caustic soda is a bowl (bowl 1) with some water.
- Soak the Soda ash in a deferent bowl (bowl 2) as well.
- Soak the STPP in another bowl (bowl 3) too.
- Soak the Laurel Rice/Rice in another bowl (bowl 4) ; making a total of four bowls.
- Get a bucket (bucket 1) and pour Sulphonic acid and the Texapon into it. You can stir the mixture so that the Sulphonic acid will dissolve the Texapon.
Take a break of 30 minutes for all the chemicals to desolve. You can also stir anyone of them to aid its .
- Now get a big bucket that can contain 30 liters of water, and fill it half way with clean water.
- Then gradually pour the Natrozol into the big 30 liters bucket and stir gently as if you are making AMALA.
- After that pour the small bowls on after the order respectively into the Big bucket containing Natrozol. That is bowl 1 before bowl 2 then bowl 3 before bowl 4.
- Remember the bucket 1? Now pour the content of bucket 1 in the Big bucket containing all other mixture and stir. You are going to stir continuously for like 10 – 15 minutes.
- After that, add little quantity of Formalin for preservative. Remember too much of this chemical is dangerous. Besides you can do without it.
- Add some color and stir for some minutes… like another 5 minutes
- Add some perfume and stir for another 5 minutes
- Add Aloevera Gel – 5 Tea Spoon
- Add Vitamin E – 5 Tea Spoon
- Add Glycerine – 2 Tea Spoon
After you have added Aloevera Gel, Vitamin E and glycerin, then stir properly, and leave the solution for some hours and thereafter, you can package the product for your use or for sell.Your production might not look clean immediately ; you might see some small small burbles in it but this disappear after some hours like 24 hours.
Please, drop you comments bellow let me know if this method is clear or better still if you have any questions.