It unfortunate that the rate of depression among young entrepreneurs has greatly increased; which is why this post is very important to you if you an entrepreneur. You see, there is no human without his or her phase of depression; just that the causes of the depression might be different. But today, I will be teaching you about how you can practically overcome business depression.
However, it is important we have clear understanding of what a business depression is and what are its likely causes; before talking about how to overcome.
Business depression (entrepreneur depression) is a common and serious medical illness that negatively affects business people, about the way they feel, think and act. Fortunately, it is treatable; as it is common to all entrepreneur or business people. Business depression causes feelings of sadness and/or a loss of interest in activities that one once enjoyed. Not that alone; as it can also lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems and can decrease a person’s ability to function at work and at home.
Maybe I need to explain this in a more practical way; you see, the feeling you get when you do all within your power to make progress in business, but still find yourself at a spot is what I call business depression. That moment you aren’t sure if you are doing the right thing or not. When the feeling of
Here are some of the symptoms of business depression:
- Loss of interest in activities one once enjoyed
- Being unproductive – doing one thing several time without any progress
- Being unnecessary thoughtful
- Having trouble sleeping or sleeping too much
- Loss of energy or increased fatigue
- Feeling worthless or guilty
- Having difficulty in thinking, concentrating or decisions making
Here are the causes of business depression:
- Low in sales or lack of business success
- Business gridlock
- High levels of anxiety
- Rejection by investor
- Stress and long working hours leading to burnout
- Being betrayed by partners, staff or investors
If it is business depression; then, there are only three ways to solve it:
- Accept The Situation: The first thing you need to do is to accept the situation, circumstance, and the season. Understand that business sometimes don’t go the way we plan. You see, if you do not accept whatever the situation is; you probably won’t understand the situation, not to talk of finding solution. But when you accept the situation; it is easier to discover the solution to whatever the situation is.
- Change Approach: To be honest with you; it’s impossible to solve a problem with the same knowledge that brought you into the problem. So, when you hit business depression; it’s a signal that you need to change some of your approaches.
- Be Gentle With Yourself: The last thing you need to do is to be calm and gentle with yourself. The mistake that most people in business depression made is that they aren’t patient with themselves. Remember, everything good needs time!
Note: You can send me a mail; if you need further assistance, and I will be glad to help.