There are so many reasons why you will like to acquire this skill. It might be to earn extra income, or to save your earnings; or to get the quality you deserved. Whatever might be your reasons; I want to tell you that you are in the right place.
Making liquid soap is one thing, while making a quality liquid soap is another thing. Liquid soap is used for different purposes; from washing ditches to washing clothes and many more.
You will remember that I promised to teach you my two best methods to making liquid soap. Though, there are so many methods for making liquid soap but this is my favorite. Because, it is fast and the end product is usually very beautiful.
Before I go into details. Let me quickly clear the air on some questions people have been asking me lately. You will remember that there are almost eight chemicals used in making liquid soap. But the truth is that you do not have to use all the eight chemicals. You can decide to use more of Sulphonic Acid instead of using Laurel Rice. In case, you don’t have the chemicals and their measurements offhand. Let me quickly run through them again.
Please Note that the measurement below is for 25 liters production
Chemicals Needed For Making Liquid Soap And Their Measurements
- STPP – Cleanliness and Thickness Agent (Measurement 1/4 )
- Caustic Soda – Cleaning Agent (Measurement 1/16 ) [Though nobody will sell that quantity to you. This is because the smallest quantity you can buy is 1/4. So, divide that 1/4 into four portions and use one portion and keep the remaining three portion. PLEASE NOTE: Too much of this chemical peels your hand]
- Natrosol – Cleaning and Thickness Agent (Measurement 1/4 )
- Soda ash – Cleaning Agent (Measurement 1/4 )
- Sulphonic Acid – Foaming Agent (Measurement 2 liters)
- Laurel Rice – Foaming Agent (Measurement 1/4 ) [You can do without this chemical. Just add 1/2 liter to your Sulphonic acid quantity]
- Texapon – Foaming Agent (Measurement 1/4 )
- Formalin – Preservative Agent (Measurement 1/4 ) [You don’t have to use all this chemical; 2capsp of Eva table water will do. Formalin is a harmful chemical; it causes cancer if abused. So, use with care – very small quantity will not harm though.] Or [better still you can use Citric Acid, Benzoic Acid, and Sodium Benzonate.]
- Coloring (Measurement
- Perfume (Measurement
Steps In Making Liquid Soap In 60 Minutes
- Soak small quantity of caustic soda is a bowl (bowl 1) with some water.
- Soak the Soda ash in a different bowl (bowl 2) as well.
- Soak the STPP in another bowl (bowl 3) too.
- Soak the Laurel Rice/Rice in another bowl (bowl 4) ; making a total of four bowls.
- Get a bucket (bucket 1) and pour Sulphonic acid and the Texapon into it. You can stir the mixture so that the Sulphonic acid will dissolve the Texapon.
Take a break of 30 minutes for all the chemicals to dissolve. You can also stir anyone of them to aid its .
- Now get a big bucket that can contain 30 liters of water, and fill it half way with clean water.
- Then gradually pour the Natrozol into the big 30 liters bucket and stir gently as if you are making AMALA.
- After that pour the small bowls on after the order respectively into the Big bucket containing Natrozol. That is bowl 1 before bowl 2 then bowl 3 before bowl 4.
- Remember the bucket 1? Now pour the content of bucket 1 in the Big bucket containing all other mixture and stir. You are going to stir continuously for like 10 – 15 minutes.
- After that, add little quantity of Formalin for preservative. Remember too much of this chemical is dangerous. Besides you can do without it.
- Add some color and stir for some minutes… like another 5 minutes
- Add some perfume and stir for another 5 minutes
Now you can start using your liquid soap right away. It might not look clean immediately after production; you might see some small small burbles in it but this make way after some hours like 24 hours.
Please, drop you comments bellow let me know if this method is clear or better still if you have any questions.