Today, I will be teaching you how to make simple natural shampoo. So, if you are feeling a little apprehensive about making your first homemade shampoo, fear not! There is one unbelievably simple but super-effective shampoo recipe. It may not contain the nourishing and fragrant ingredients of some of the other shampoos I share with you later in this book, but it is a great place to get started.
In all honestly, this is by far the most basic homemade shampoo that you will ever see anywhere; as it contains the mixing of two ingredients: baking soda and water. This simple but effective homemade shampoo has the following benefits…
- Vibrant and lively hair: You will agree with me that dry, limp hair is not just only difficult to style, but also leave you with an unhappy feeling with the way you look. Using this simple natural hair shampoo as an alternative to regular shampoo will help rememdy this situation.
- It leaves no residue: This 100% natural shampoo cleans your hair without leaving a residue. As you already known; one problem with a lot of store-bought shampoos is that they often leave behind a residue in the hair after washing. Due to the harse nature of many of the ingredients used in these shampoos, this residue can cause scalp to feel itchy and sensitive.
- It stops scalp irritation: Baking soda will help you defend your scalp from irritants and allergens. This can help prevent redness and flakiness – especially useful for those who’s scalp is already sensitive.
- It’s cost effective: In most cases, you already have the ingredients for this simple natural hair shampoo at home. As all the ingredients are cheap, affordable and easy to buy if not presently available in your home.
Now that I have introduced you to some of the benefits of this simple natural hair shampoo; let’s ge to meet the recipes!
RECOMMENDED: How To Make Natural Hair Conditioner
Ingredients Used in Making Simple Natural Shampoo
Before I introduce you to the ingredients; it’s important we understand the mixing ratio of these ingredients. For better result; use ratio 1 : 3. That simply means, for every 1 cup of baking soda, you will need 3 cups of water. Irrespective of your measuring tools.
- Baking soda (1 Cup)
- Water (3 Cups)
- Perfume (as desired) – optional
Step By Step Guide To Make Simple Natural Shampoo
Step 1: Mix the 3 cups of water with the 1 cup of backing soda in a large bowl. Make sure you wash this bowl after use; so you don’t ingest any residue of the baking soda that might be left behind.
Step 2: Mix thoroughly, to make sure the mixture isn’t clumpy.
Step 3: Add perfume to the mixture if you like to use one, and mix properly.
Step 4: Then pour the mixture in a spray bottle and use.
Step 5: After you have properly massaged the mixture into your hair. Make sure you rinse as you would with a regular shampoo.
Quick Tip: For extra shine; you can use apple cider vinegar to rinse before you finally rinse again with ordinary water.
Wowlar!!! On your first natural shampoo production. I know this is very simple, but I will be sharing with you some awesome natural shampoo recipes in the future. Kindly, share your view on this in the comment below.
You want to know why this is cool? Natural homemade shampoos are packed full of all-natural goodness. A lot of people are going organic these days when it comes to their diets. Since it’s important to be concerned about what we eat and drink; I think it’s also pertinent to be mindful of the things we used on our body parts. Using natural shampoo on our hair does not only make us look good, it also made us feel good as well.