Today, I will share with you some famous business and investment strategies from Warren Buffett; the world’s richest billionaire investor. But before we dig into Warren Buffett’s quotes and investment strategies, a quick warren buffett will not be a bad idea.
Who is Warren Buffet?
Warren Edward Buffett (born August 30, 1930) is an American business magnate, investor and philanthropist. He is the most successful investor in the world. Buffett is the chairman, CEO and largest shareholder of Berkshire Hathaway, and is consistently ranked among the world’s wealthiest people. He was ranked as the world’s wealthiest person in 2008 and as the third wealthiest in 201. In 2012 Time Magazine named Buffett one of the world’s most influential people.
Buffett is often referred to as the “Wizard of Omaha” or “Oracle of Omaha, or the “Sage of Omaha, and is noted for his adherence to value investing and for his personal frugality despite his immense wealth. Buffett is a notable philanthropist, having pledged to give away 99 percent of his fortune to philanthropic causes, primarily via the Gates Foundation. On April 11, 2012, he was diagnosed with prostate cancer, for which he successfully completed treatment in September 2012. Buffett is also active in contributing to political causes, having endorsed Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton for president during the 2016 campaign season. Below are some of Warren Buffett’s quotes, business and investment strategies.
My True Story
My experience lately made me to remember Warren Buffet and he is how it all started! Someone called me to help him get something. That was sometimes last week, and yesterday he called that he was coming to get the stuff. Quickly, I picked some cash and went to get those thing since he was already on his way. I kept him monitored by frequent calls till he got to my place yesterday. Finally, he came and we started to gist; we gisted for over an hour most of which was an advise.
After the whole gist and advise; I gave him what he sent me and we exchange pleasantries. just like you are expecting; I was thinking he will just hand over my money – as we have disused price before now. He didn’t say anything. When I noticed that; I quickly asked him if he has forgotten that he was yet to pay me or something. Can you imagine what he says? He said he was not with any cash that he just came to collect the stuff and…
I was unstable for a while. Not because of the money involved but because I was a FOOL. I have spent my money on getting those things. Now, I lost my capital not to talk of making profit. Quickly I remember I have broken a RULE. Warren Buffett Rule No 1: Never lose money. Rule two – never forget rule one! I hope you will always remember these rules not to also fall a victim or braking them. They a re indeed GOLDEN RULES!
30 Business Quotes of Warren Buffett
- “My two rules of investing: Rule one –never lose money. Rule two – never forget rule one.”
- “Accounting is the language of business.”
- “Diversification is a protection against ignorance. It makes very little sense to those who know what they are doing.”
- “The rich invest in time, the poor invest in money.”
- “I always knew I was going to be rich. I don’t think I ever doubted it for a minute.”
- “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and only five Minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you will do things differently.”
- “Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.”
- “Without passion, you don’t have energy. Without energy, you have nothing.”
- “I get to do what I like to do every single day of the year.”
- “I don’t look to jump over 7-foot bars; I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over.”
- “If a business does well, the stock eventually follows.”
- “I never attempt to make money on the stock market. I buy on assumption they could close the market the next day and not re-open it for five years.”
- “If past history was all that is needed to play the game of money, the richest people would be librarians.”
- “It is better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behavior is better than yours and you will drift in that direction.”
- “It is better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than to buy a fair company at a wonderful price.”
- “Price is what you pay, value is what you get.”
- “Risk comes from not knowing what you are doing.”
- “The business schools reward difficult complex behavior more than simple behavior. But simple behavior is more effective.”
- “You only have to do a very few things in your life as long as you don’t do too many things wrong.”
- “Rule one: Preserve the principal. Rule two: When In doubt, see rule one.”
- “Let us do or die.”
- “Time is the friend of the wonderful company; the enemy of the mediocre.”
- ‘Focus on your customers and lead your people as though their lives depend on your success.”
- “Only when you combine sound intellect with emotional discipline, you get rational behavior.’
- “Somebody once said that in looking to hire people, look for three qualities; Integrity, intelligence and energy. If they don’t have the first, the other two will kill you. You think about it; it’s true. If you hire somebody without the first, you really want them to be dumb and lazy.”
- “Never invest in a business you can’t understand.”
- “Can you really explain to a fish what it’s like to walk on land? One day on land is worth a thousand years of talking about it, and one day running a business has exactly the same kind of value.”
- “Success in investing doesn’t correlate with I.Q. Once you are above the level of 25; once you have ordinary intelligence, what you need is the temperament to control the urges that get other people into trouble in investing.”
- “If you understood a business perfectly and the future of the business, you need very little in the way of a margin of safety.”
- “The most important quality of an investor is temperament, not intellect. You need a temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd or against the crowd.”