So, we briefly discussed a little bit about this before, but the beauty of affiliate marketing is that you don’t have to do everything that the vendor (Product producer) does and that includes the following:
- You don’t have to provide customers’ supports extensively. However, you do have to provide a little bit of customer support, especially if you offer a bonus. By bonus, I mean those products that buyers get for FREE for buying the product you promoted through your affiliate link; so, it’s an incentive for them to buy through your affiliate link. However, with that said, that kind of customer support isn’t extensive, meaning that it’s not complex at all, you can either do it yourself or you can hire somebody to do it for you, and typically in that case you don’t need somebody who has the ability to troubleshoot really rapidly. So, in other words, it’s a lot easier to find these people or do it yourself. And we’ll talk more about bonuses and how they can help you convert more sales, and ultimately beat your competition, and by competition, I’m talking about other affiliates that are selling the same product. But other than that, you don’t really need a lot of support compared to that of the vendor.
- Secondly, you don’t have to worry about the update of the product, I mean think about it, this is a huge one, in fact, as a vendor, a lot of times you have to update the product. If it’s a software, you have to update the features, and make sure that it is compatible with everybody’s computer and makes it work, if it’s a video course you need to make sure that the content is updated always, or if it’s an e-book or a content piece – same thing. And the thing about affiliate marketing is that you don’t have to worry about any of those, and that’s the beauty.
- Thirdly, it takes less money to actually get started; although, you do need a little bit amount of money, but not a lot. But that amount of money needs to be focused on:
- Reviewing the product
- Traffic and making sales – it could be landing pages, setting up landing pages, web hosting, domains, items that you use in your videos, things like that. But there is basically not a lot of overhead as far as that goes; so, you don’t need to have a lot of money, but you do need a little bit amount of money, and some basic expenses.
- Another advantage is that promoting somebody’s products can usually take days or weeks max. Did I say max, because a lot of times it can take days, or even a day or even less than a day. So, with affiliate marketing usually the process goes like this:
- Research some good products
- Locate the products
- Buy, and review the products
- Figure out why somebody would want to buy that product
- Find the products‘ weaknesses, strengths and everything about it
- Create your bonus, and probably set up your own review site.
- Lastly, you can focus on traffic and conventions and all that.
But usually at the end of the day after setting up your bonus, incentivize landing page and all that, which usually takes about day or few days honestly. Now, there is a learning curve of course; you are going to need to master or get a better idea on how to drive traffic or you are going to need to hire somebody that really understands how to drive traffic. Once you’ve mastered the act of traffic; in fact, you can sell your own products. So, there are many different traffic sources that you can use, you can use paid traffic, you can also use search engine optimization, which is ranking on Google, ranking on YouTube. You can also use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, CPA, CPC, Email Marketing and many others.