You will find this piece very interesting if you sell on Konga. However, this does not concern everyone but people who sale on Konga or those that are thinking of selling on Konga. Am afraid you will have to think twice because Konga now commences its long waited membership FEE.
This is how Konga puts it:
The monthly membership fee is now ready to kick off, it takes effect from Monday April 4th 2016.As introduced earlier we will be kicking off with the Tier 1 and 2 subscription packages.
- Silver Plan (Tier 1) allows a maximum of 10 enabled products visibility on the website at N1000 monthly
- Gold Plan (Tier 2) allows unlimited products listing visibility on the website with additional features at N2500 monthly.
What to expect?
- All merchants will be due to pay their subscription fee on their anniversary date. i.e. Your store will be due for payment on the date in which your store was opened on Konga Mall. Example: If your store was opened on the 24th January, your store fee will be due for payment on the 24th April.
- You will receive an email for payment on your anniversary date
- You will be given 5days grace after your anniversary date to make payment for your store
- There will be a pop-up on your SHQ account from your anniversary date till the 5days grace lapses
- Your store will be suspended after the 5days grace lapses until payment is made
- Your next subscription date will be due 30days after previous subscription
- You will receive an email and a pop-up on your SHQ account 5days to your next payment.
We assure you that the payment process is seamless, please ensure that you follow all instructions step by step to enable you make a successful payment. Payment can be made through KongaPay or your Debit Card.
Further instructions will be relayed to you in subsequent communications.
Your Konga Mall Team.
What does this mean to you?
Does it mean Konga is not making enough money from all the transactions that took place on their website?
Does it mean there is not enough sales on their website to take care of their expenses?
If they are not making enough money from all the transactions that took place on their website. Does that not suggests that their merchants (Sellers) are not making enough sales?
Is there no commission aside from the monthly FEE?