If we must be honest with ourselves; we will know Nigeria is hard. Which is one of the major reasons to consider working online. As a matter of fact, if you have a way to move to a better country; you shouldn’t think this twice – as this is likely the best choice.
However, if you don’t have the opportunity to travel abroad at the moment; then it’s important you consider working online, right here in Nigeria.
You see, if you have a way of making your money in dollars while in Nigeria; you will enjoy this country. You know why? $1,000 is N350,000 what a currency!
Meanwhile, I must tell you working online is not as easy as most people painted it to be; you will have to work you ass out. In most cases, you will work with little or nothing to show for it, but trust me, it is an investment worth trying.
Quickly, I am going to give you some practical reasons not to depend only on your offline business.
- The economy of a country is always affected by the affairs of the government. Unfortunately, we aren’t lucky in Nigeria with good governance.
- Nigeria economy is not favorable to business; especially, young entrepreneur.
- Money is not in circulation in Nigeria; which is a very big challenge to business people. There are lots of people who love your service or product; unfortunately, they are incapacitated by lack of money.
- Poor power supply is another major reason why it’s difficult to run business in Nigeria. Except you are a driver – lol
- Poor Naira value. If you like, believe it or not; Naira has no value what so ever. Which is why, you should consider making your money in dollars.
That been said; I will also like to point out some salient problems that face online businesses in Nigeria. Some of which may elude you as a young online business person.
Recommended: How To Start Cheap Data Bundle Business In 2019
You see, online business is not easy for Nigerians. Not because the system doesn’t work, but because most of the online businesses aren’t favoring us as a Nigerian. Another reason it’s difficult to succeed online is because of TRUST issues. Most people don’t trust Nigeria and Nigerians, which is another BIG issue when it comes to online business.
However, that does not mean there are no genuine online businesses that work for Nigerians; even when it’s not easy. So, I will be mentioning some cool online business that one can consider in Nigeria.
- Blogging: It does not matter what you think; blogging is one of the coolest online business to venture into as a Nigerian. It is easy and cheap to get started with Blogging. I have made over $6000 with EarnBase alone. So, if you care to learn; you can reach out to me. Although, you will need some cash to get started here.
- Affiliate marketing: This is a business model that most of us even do without noticing; you see, the moment you recommend someone’s product or service, you are an affiliate. And you will agree with me that most of us have recommended one or two businesses or services to others knowingly or unknowingly. This business is free to start once you have a clear understanding of what you are doing. Here you have the like of JVzoo, Warrior Forum, Warrior Plus, Commission Junction e.t.c
- Vlogging: This is just the twin brother of blogging. While blogging is about text; vlogging is about videos. So, if you are very comfortable with camera; this may be an opportunity for you. This is free to start with the help of Youtube.
- Freelancing: To be honest with you; this is not as easy for Nigerians; as it used to be. For instance, in 2018 I made over $7000 with just 1 account on Fiverr, but as a FOREIGNER. To make reasonable money as a freelancer, you will need to hide your Nigeria Identity; which is getting tougher as each day passes. This is free to start once you have a marketable skill. Here you have the likes of Upwork, Fiverr, Freelancer e.t.c