There are lots of money to be made in the market segment. Yoghurt, is something that also all men love to take. Personally, I preferred taking Yoghurt to fruit juice except I made the juice myself. This is of the health benefit to man; I hope you know what I mean anyway.
What is Yoghurt?
Yoghurt is a diary made by adding a number of types of harmless bacteria to milk, causing it to ferment. The bacteria used to make yoghurt are known as “yoghurt cultures”. Fermentation of lactose by these bacteria produces lactic acid, which acts on milk protein to give yoghurt its texture and its characteristic tangy flavour.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF YOGHURT/YOGURT
- Yoghurt is an excellent source of calcium and can assist in bone growth and the prevention of osteoporosis.
- Yoghurt is a good source of complete protein
- Yoghurt is rich in B vitamins, Potassium and magnesium.
- Yoghurt is more nutritious than milk
- Yoghurt is easier to digest and absorb, which increases the availability of its nutrients.
I am sorry, I have to tell you this now before its too late. There are some hindrances or barrier to Yoghurt production is Nigeria.
- You must have a Fridge or a freezer to enjoy it. It is not a drink that can be kept in an open space. It needs to be refrigerated.
- You need constant light to support your Fridge of freezer.
- The ingredients are not FREELY sold in Nigeria.
Now that you know the bad news; I think I need to tell you the good news now, The good news is that Yoghurt market in Nigeria is yet to be taped inn. There are still lots of money to be made.
Another good news is that the process of making Yoghurt is risky neither is it difficult. You can produce Yoghurt at home with simple tools already available at home.
There are various styles of making Yoghurt. Yoghurt can be produced either using cow’s milk, goat’s milk or sheep’s milk & powder milk. Here we will be discussing the production of Yoghurt with powder milk.
- Milk (Powder Milk)—–5.5 kg
- Sodium benzoate(preservative)—0.5 o/o
- Sugar————————to taste
- Flavor———————–to taste
- Food Colorant (Optional)
- Measure the Warm water into an empty bowl (bucket)
- Pour the powder milk into the water
- Add the sodium benzoate (preservative) into it and stir vigorously. And ensure no crumb or seed is formed or left
- Add some quantity of hot water at 100oc into the mixture and stir properly.
- Add culture to the content and stir properly again
- Cover and leave for minimum of 8hours for fermentation to occur.
- Then open and add sugar to taste.
- Add flavor (to taste) and stir. Now your Yoghourt is ready for consumption.
Notice: Sometimes there might have some KOKO/SEEDS (crumbs) either from the milk or from sugar; whenever, this is noticed in the Yoghurt. All you have to do it to get a net-filter (ASE) that is porous enough to allow the passage of the content into another bowl or bucket.
20 thoughts on “How To Make Yoghurt/Yogurt In Nigeria Making Huge Money”
Thanks for the information.
What about starting the yoghurt business locally after registering with CAC , I mean without use of production machines and then selling to stores,schools and mini supermarket around you until you able to acquire machines for expansion of the business.
It’s possible, but you need to be trained. You can get in touch with me for an expert one on one training.
I want to do the yougut and sell in large form…I have the production ideal already with marketing strategy too…but my search are…1. is there any machine involved in the production of the yougut when trying to do it big
Yes, but not the whole process. So, you have to be specific on what area of the production you want to mechanize.
I love how straight to the point you go about it.Thanks a lot.
You are always welcome. Thanks for visiting https://www.earnbase.com
Can I add gelatin and sodium benzoate on it
I want buy chemical for your store,, but I in ondo. Chemical for making balm
Thank you EarnBase I want to start yoghurt business in Calabar. I will like to do internship for a month pls kindly direct me how to get it
08181481001 is my number call or WhatsApp
God bless you
Thanks a lot EarnBase I want to go into yogurt and ice cream business and so I need an internship. Pls can you assist me?
Unfortunately, we don’t have any company in Calabar.
thanks for your easy-to-understand instructions on yogurt making.
please do you know where i can get the yogurt culture? been searching for it everywhere!
@Haidee, culture is not sold publicly for security reasons. Get someone doing it to lead you to a seller.
i want to start a yogurt business and so i want to do an internship for a month with a good yogurt producer. Please can you help me out ? i would really appreciate it EarnBase.
Where can I get the culture bCOs this is what is making it difficult
What is the quantity of water to be used
Use the common bucket size as measurement sir. If you follow the above instructions sir/ma you can hardly go wrong!!!
@Goodluck, thanks for checking EarnBase!